SSMS 18.4 is the latest generation of SQL Server Management Studio that has full support for SQL Server 2019 Preview. SSMS 18.4 was released on 04 November 2019 and it’s build number is 15.0.18206.0.
Before installing SSMS 18.4, make sure that you don’t have any previous preview version of SSMS 18.0 installed. SSMS 18.x can not be used to upgrade or replace SSMS 17.x or earlier versions of SSMS. However, you can install SSMS 18.0 Preview side by side with SSMS 17.x or earlier version.
SSMS 18.4 works with all supported versions of SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2019 preview. It also provides the greatest level of support for working with the latest cloud features in Microsoft Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
SSMS 18.4 can be installed on following 64-bit platforms when used with the latest available service pack:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) Requires version 1607 (10.0.14939) or later
- Windows Server 2016 Requires version 1607 (10.0.14939) or later
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)